Saturday, 7 May 2016

I'm Back

Three years, well a little less than that. But none the less, it has been a long time since I had the courage to write anything online again. Well, I have achieved a few things along the way up to this very point.

1. Special Mention for ciNE65 Short Film Competition, April 2015  (aka "A" for effort, really learnt something though)

2. Diploma in Moving Images, May 2015 (aka stalling for the actual hardship that is life)

Sadly, those are the only two events I would consider notable achievements to remember. Any hopes for actually joining film competitions has to be postponed or until I can figure out an effective way to manage my precious weekends to embark on my journey of filmmaking. 

Here comes the situation that every Singaporean son gets to blame for their lack of productivity. National Service. A conscription programme that lasts for 2 years. 

I should count myself lucky, my ultimate posting is to Bedok Camp 2 as a Combat Medic of the 3rd battalion guards. The only downside of this is that I have to stay in camp for the weekdays and have occasional duties on the weekends. There will not be any mind-numbing regimentation and physical exercises. This gives me time, ALOT of time actually to start planning for my future. Being a distracted Millennial, I often have no motivation to actually start anything productive.


8 May 2016
So for this blog I will start posting thoughts, poems, movie reviews, just about anything. Even if everything starts to get out of control and messy, at least I will be doing something.

I started this post in late March 2016, and true to what I wrote, I have procrastinated publishing this post. No more, I'm going to start posting weekly starting with this.

Cheers
Sman




No comments:

Post a Comment